Tuesday, November 20, 2007

My First Post

This is my first post and I am just hoping it's as fun as I want it to be. I had my third Stampin' Club last night and the projects were too cute! All the girls loved them.

Hot Cocoa Holder

A couple of my club members saw a Hot Cocoa Holder at a local event we attended and begged me to make one for one of our club projects. I altered mine considerably from the one we saw but, "Thank you Sue for the inspiration!!!"



I used Holiday Tag Team for this project.
Card Stock - Very Vanilla, Soft Sky, and Shimmer White
Ink - Bashful Blue, Basic Black, and Pixie Pink
How to create - Score at 2 1/2" and 7 3/4", stamp snowflake on flaps, adhere bottom flap with Dimensionals. Stamp snowman on Shimmer White and color with Stampin' Write Markers. Layer on Soft Sky and adhere to top flap. Stamp "Holiday" circle with Pixie Pink on Very Vanilla and punch using 1 1/4" Circle Punch. Layer on Scallop Punched Soft Sky, adhere to inside with Pop Dot, attach top flap to card with Velcro Dot.

6x6 Holiday Bright Scrapbook Page

I am not an avid scrapbooker but many of my club members are so every once in a while I try to create a page for one of our projects.


This page was so easy. The Winter Bright Simply Scrappin' Kit has gorgeous colors and designer paper. Because the Textured card stock is minimal (for a workshop) I used regular Pretty in Pink card stock for the base of the page and stamped Snowflakes from the Snowburst set in VersaMark all over the page. I cut a 2" strip of Wild Wasabi textured card stock and punched 3 holes with my 1/16" punch and attached gold brads. Then adhered the strip to the top half of my page. I cut a 4x4 square from the blue DP and adhered that to the lower right hand corner of my page. I finished by adhering my photo and titling and journaling my page.


Gift Card Holder

I had seen this tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers and knew that I wanted to make it. I have used for a Holiday Stamp Camp and my most recent Stampin' Club.




I used Season of Joy from the Holiday Mini.
Card Stock - Purely Pomegranite, River Rock, Handsome Hunter, and Whisper White
Ink - Purely Pomegranite, River Rock, Basic Black
For the Tutorial click on this link (you may need to subscribe if you aren't already a member. It's Free!) http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/giftcardholder.php

Thanks for looking!!

Katie
















No comments: