Friday, February 22, 2008

A Good Egg!

We had our February Club last night. I am so glad it is over. This has been school vacation week and with the addition of 2 new puppies the week has been very stressful (and way too long). Despite the lack of inspiration and creativity for this month's Club Workshop I think the projects came out pretty nice.


Origami Box
One of my Club Members had requested a box for one of our projects. This Origami Box is fun to make and requires no cutting and adhesive is optional. A tutorial for the box can be found here: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ee/index.php/resources/tutorials/origami_box/
For my box I used Petals and Paisleys Designer Paper (retired) and Pretty in Pink Wide Grosgrain Ribbon.

A Good Egg
The girls loved this Egg Card for Easter. It requires some detail but the end result is well worth it! I cut Almost Amethyst Card Stock to 5" x 8 1/2" and folded it in half. Using my Coluzzle I cut the largest oval leaving a small portion of the folded edge in tact to hinge the card. I trimmed off about a 1/4" off the bottom so the card would stand up. I stamped the card base in Almost Amethyst Ink using the solid polka dots from A Good Egg stamp set. I stamped in Basic Black Ink on Whisper White CS using the dots and flowers stamp and water colored in my flowers. I layered the WW strip onto Certainly Celery Patterned Paper and adhered the strip to the Egg base. I stamped the Hatching Chick in Basic Black on Apricot and cut him out with my Paper Snips. I stamped his Eggshell on Blush blossom and cut that out as well. I adhered the egg to the chick and used Dimensionals to stick him to the flower strip. I stamped Happy Easter in Basic Black on Certainly Celery and punched it out with my Word Window punch and also adhered that with dimensionals. Last I tied a bow using Whisper White Narrow Grosgrain Ribbon and stuck that on with a Mini Glue Dot.


So Many Scallops
This month is Sale-a-bration and one of the sets is So Many Scallops. I love the Sweet One stamp in this set. I gave the girls a choice of using Pretty in Pink or Bashful Blue for their card. This card base is Pretty in Pink. I cut a layer of Whisper White Textured Card Stock but before layering I scored 3 vertical lines (using my paper cutter and bone folder) at 3/4", 1", and 1 1/4". You can't see it in the picture but it really adds some nice detail to the card. I tied Pretty in Pink Taffeta Ribbon around the WW CS before adhering it to the card base. I stamped the Sweet One stamp on Pretty in Pink Card Stock with Pretty in Pink Ink and punched it out using my Scallop Punch. I also stamped the same image on WW CS in So Saffron Ink and punched that out using my 1 3/8" Circle Punch. I layered the WW onto the Pink with Dimensionals and adhered that onto the card. Last I punched 3 stars out of Barely Banana using the Small Star Punch and adhered those on to the card.


'Till next time. Thanks for looking!



No comments: