Saturday, February 2, 2008

A Whole New Year!

It has been a long two months and now hopefully I can find time to post at least once a month. I did find time to participate in January's VSN on Splitcoast Stampers. It was my first VSN and I had a lot of fun even though I only had time for three challenges.

Circle of Friendship














The first challenge was to "make a card honoring your circle of girlfriends. And not just ANY card. A CIRCLE card. And not just any circle card, a circle card using the sketch below." The sketch can be found here:
//www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/attachment.php? attachmentid=78808&d=1200696548
For the base I cut a half sheet of Perfect Plum Card Stock folded it in half and used my Coluzzle to cut the circle. I stamped the small flower image from Time Well Spent (level 3 Hostess Set) in Perfect Plum to add a little somethin'-somethin'. I layered on Certainly Celery, Lovely Lilac, and Blush Blossom stamped with the sentiment from Time Well Spent. I also stamped the mid-sized flower image on Whisper White and punched it out with my 1 3/8" circle punch. I colored the images with my Stamp and Write Markers and sponged the edges of the Blush Blossom and Whisper White with Perfect Plum Ink. I added a lavender Rhinestone Brad to the flower and adhered with a dimensional.

Chocolate or Shoes

The next challenge I did was "to use the “Chocolate Shoes” in this picture as inspiration for your card." The picture can be found here: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=316599
I love Pretty in Pink with Chocolate Chip so the colors in the sample were great inspiration! I used Pretty in Pink for the base and layered on Chocolate Chip. I cut an oval from Very Vanilla with my Coluzzle and Stamped the cup image from Like it a Latte (2007 Spring Mini) with Chocolate Chip Ink. I masked the cup and stamped the marshmallows in black. I also stamped the sentiment in black. I sponged the whole oval with Chocolate Chip to make it blend a little better with the other colors. I adheared a strip of Chocolate Chip Satin Ribbon around the Chocolate Chip Card Stock before layering it on the Pretty in Pink. The polka dots are punched from Pretty in Pink with my 1/2" circle punch and adhered with Mini Glue Dots on the card stock and the ribbon.

V-neck...Baby...*wink*

The third challenge I was able to do was this "to make a criss-cross card." Easy enough, right? If you don't know how to make on here is a great tutorial: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/crisscrosscard.php
I did these previously as a Make and Take at my first Club Workshop and the paper waste is insane. Not to mention the bulk of the card requires extra postage. For this card I cut a 2 3/4" x 12" strip of Always Artichoke and scored it at 4" and 8". The finished size is 2 3/4" x 4" (mini but still cute, maybe a nice gift tag or gift card holder). The insert is Purely Pomegranate layered with Whisper White. The Designer Paper is Holiday Harmony (Holiday Mini) cut on diagnal so the green side is up on the left flap and the pomegranate is showing on the right flap. The card is wrapped with Pomegranate Satin Ribbon. The scallop was stamped using So Many Scallops (SAB) in Basic Black on the same Holiday Harmony DP and punched with my Scallop Punch. The small heart is from Thanks Tons (hostess set) stamped in Purely Pomegranate. I adhered it to the front with a Dimensional. The pull tab is a 1 1/4" circle punched from Purely Pomegranate and the front is a 1/2" circle of Old Olive stamped with the small heart from Thanks Tons. The two circles sandwich the insert card.

Till next time...Happy Stamping!

No comments: