Thursday, April 8, 2010

Big News at Stampin' Up!

The news is out! Stampin' Up! is revamping their whole color line. They are calling it their Color Renovation. Say goodbye to 30 current colors, hello to 5 brand new colors, and welcome back to 10 former in-colors. There will be 4 Color Collections (currently known as Color Families) each containing 10 colors. In addition there will be 5 new in-colors introduced every year and they will stay in the catalog for 2 years. For example, in July 2010 five in-colors are introduced, in July 2011 five more in-colors are introduced, in July 2012 the five 2010 colors will retire and five new in-colors will take their place, in 2013 the five 2011 in-colors will retire and five new in-colors will take their place, and so on. So, at any given time there will be 50 colors total available in the catalog. It sounds a little confusing but I think it will work out great! I can't wait to get my hands on the new colors of card stock so I can play!

Last month I created a couple of cards to share with some fellow Demonstrators at our monthly meeting.

Happy Easter


I created this card using the Picnic Parade clear mount stamp set in the Occasions Mini. I absolutely love this bunny! I also used the happy Easter stamp from Well Scripted that I purchased from the Occasions Mini. The base of my card is So Saffron card stock layered with Whisper White. I sponged Bashful Blue Classic Ink on the edges to give the allusion of sky. The yellow gingham patterned paper is from the Pawsitively Prints Designer Series Paper in the Build-a-Bear line. To create the weave I punched holes with the Double Rectangle Punch all across the top of the dsp and wove 1/4" Very Vanilla Grosgrain Ribbon from both ends and tied a double knot in the middle. I layered the dsp onto the Whisper White and the So Saffron. For the bushes I used the Scallop Circle Punch to punch one circle from Certainly Celery card stock. I ran the scallop circle through my Big Shot with the "flowery" texture plate from the Stampin' Backgrounds 1 Texture Plates. I then cut the scallop in half with my Paper Snips and adhered one half on the side and the other half at the top of the dsp sliding both slightly underneath the dsp. I stamped my images last using Staz-On. Using the clear mount stamps made it so easy to place my images exactly where I wanted them. Lastly, I colored my images using the Watercolor Pencils and Blender Pen to create the water colored effect.

Mom's Butterflies


For this butterfly card I used the Messages for Mom clear mount stamp set found in the Occasions Mini. The base of the card is Whisper White card stock layered with Melon Mambo Patterns Designer Series Paper. I used the new Scallop Trim Corner Punch (Occasions Mini) and the Scallop Trim Border Punch (sale-a-bration mini) to create the border around the Shimmery White card stock layer. I stamped my images with Staz-On and colored in the flowers using a Blender Pen and Melon Mambo Classic Ink, Bermuda Bay Classic Ink, Green Galore Classic Ink, and Summer Sun Classic Ink. For the butterflies I used Melon Mambo and Bermuda Bay card stocks and cut the images with the Beautiful Butterflies Embosslits Die. I added a little Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint to the butterflies before I adhered them with Mini Glue Dots and lifted the wings a little for a 3-D effect.

If you have any questions about these projects please let me know.

Happy Stamping!

Katie

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Welcome back!!!!! Now I need to update MY blog!! Thanks for the inspiration!! Looks great!