Friday, July 30, 2010

June Theme

This summer has flown by! With softball and swimming lessons, the kids have kept me busy. I did have the chance to demo three great workshops (Thank you Ladies!) over June and July and would like to share a few of the projects that we made.

BIG BIG NEWS!! The 2010/2011 Stampin' Up! Idea Book and Catalog went "live" on July 1st! It is packed full of great products and awesome ideas. Make sure to check out my Stampin' Up! Demonstrator Website to check it out!!! http://www.katiegallant.stampinup.net/

June is the Birthday month of my son, Jacob. His favorite color is orange so I made him this card.

happy birthday to you
For this Birthday Card I used Stampin' Up!'s Crazy for Cupcakes stampset. The base of the card is Only Orange Card Stock (retired). On Whisper White I stamped my cupcake and balloon images and sentiment in Basic Black. I then used the Color Spritzer Tool with Only Orange (retired), Tempting Turquoise, and Yoyo Yellow (retired) Stampin' Write Markers to add splashes of color to the Whisper White Card Stock. After giving that a moment to dry (it dries really quickly) I layered it onto my Only Orange card base with Snail Adhesive. I stamped a second image of the cupcake on Whisper White Card Stock and the balloon on Only Orange Card Stock. I also stamped the flame from the cupcake on Only Orange Card Stock. I colored my second cupcake image with Apricot Appeal (retired), Tempting Turquoise, Only Orange, and Yoyo Yellow Stampin' Write Markers. I then cut the image out with my Paper Snips omitting the flame. I layered that on top of the main cupcake image using Dimensionals and added the flame that I had stamped and trimmed from Only Orange Card Stock using a small piece of Dimensional. Finally, I trimmed out the balloon image I had stamped on Only Orange Card Stock, omitting the string, and layered that on top of the original image using Dimensionals.

June is also the month for Weddings so I thought this project was appropriate.

Wedding Page/Card
This gorgeous Wedding Page/Card idea I CASE'd from my wonderful upline Kathy. She is always so full of great ideas! For this project I gave my customers the option to keep this a 6x6 scrapbook page or fold it and have a 3x6 card. The cards fit great in Stampin' Up!'s Small Open-End Envelopes. The colors used are Whisper White, Old Olive, and So Saffron. The base of both projects is a 6x6 piece of Whisper White Card Stock. We ran a 2x6 strip of Whisper White Card Stock through the Big Shot using the Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder. A 1x6 strip of Whisper White Card Stock was punched along the edge using the Scallop Trim Border Punch. These were layered with a thin strip of Old Olive Card Stock in between them. This was adhered to the Whisper White base with Snail Adhesive. The flowers were punched from Whisper White Card Stock using the Fancy Flower Extra-Large Punch and the 5-Petal Extra-Large Punch. On each of the flowers I rubbed a small amount of Certainly Celery Classic Ink using a Sponge Dauber. I then scored lines on each flower from the V between each petal to the tip of each petal with a ruler and my Bone Folder. I folded mountain and valley folds on the score lines to give the flowers dimension. I also punched out two small "centers" from So Saffron Card Stock using the Scallop and the Flower from the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack and attaced those to the centers with Mini Glue Dots. The leaves for the 5-Petal flower were cut from Old Olive Textured Card Stock using two petals of the 5-Petal Extra-Large Punch. To make the leaves for the Fancy Flower I folded a strip of Old Olive Card Stock in half and ran it diagonally through my Crimper. Then, on the fold, I punched two "half ovals" (the long way) and opened them up. The flowers and leaves were adhered to the card using Pop-Up Glue Dots (retired).

Hopefully I can find time to share some more tomorrow!

Happy Stamping!

Katie

1 comment:

Missy said...

Katie, I have to say the white wedding card was probably one of my fav projects so far!